Saturday, July 3, 2010

I should have known better...

I spend a ton of time being concerned with Jazz's well-being.  I spend a ton of money on harnesses, collars, and leashes.  Today, I gave Jazz a bath.  She does really well with them so that wasn't a problem.  She dried off and I thought it would be a good time to brush her out since she has been shedding so much.  I decided to put her on just a collar to make it easier to brush. I grab the brush, put her on the leash, and head outside.  We walk over to my Adirondack chair and I sit down.  I go to brush Jazz and she is not at the end of the leash.  Her collar is, but she isn't.  Jazz is walking along the driveway being all frisky.  She has on no collar, no leash, nothing.  I immediately get up and run toward the door saying a word that means go to a specific space in the house.  She trots right behind me and to her spot.  I put on a harness and take her back out for brushing.  All's well that ends well, I guess.  Needless to say, I was a little freaked.  Neighbors will be wondering when I got a second job shearing sheep as there are little balls of fluff everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment